Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mount Sainte Anne World Cup


Hi All. Well the Mount Sainte Anne World cup was pretty crazy. It was fairly difficult conditions, with rain in the womens race in the morning (which my house mate Catharine Pendrel won!!!), and then drying up during the men's race. This meant that there was mud drug by our tires out onto previously clean surfaces, and lots of slick roots in the woods.

It made for fun riding, however the start of the race was a bit of a gongshow, as the orginizers decided we didn't need a start lap, and sent all 105 of us directly into a piece of singletrack where we stood around for 3min or so waiting to ride our bikes. Finally about 1/2 way throught the first lap, and 5min down, we were able to race. I rode fairly well, not my best race of the year, but still decent. I had good legs, but had crashed the day before riding way too fast over a mud coated rock on a corner, and banged up my knee. It bothered me a bit whenever i had to walk (not run) my bike, so that was a bit of a bumber. I still had a decent race to finish one lap down in 56th place, 7th Canadian.

I got a sweet new prototype Xprezo at this World cup, it is bright green, with internal cable routing, 4 inches of travel, and lighter tubing and material removed in various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment