Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back in the Loops

So I flew back out to kamloops the monday after Hardwood, and it turns out I was on the same flight from Vancouver back as my housemate Catherine Pendrel, so that was nice to have someone to hang out with for part of the trip.

Flying over the mountains reminded me 100% why I moved out west, as they were all snow capped and beautiful. The weather was also gorgeous at 25 to 30deg with sun, unlike 3 to 18 and rain in Onterrible (no Ontario really isn't that bad).

I spent most of the week weeding our garden and playing fetch with our cat Oly (who can now open drawers to find earplugs to play fetch with!!!). The garden had this super nasty vine-type weed that has roots about 45cm under the surface, so I think I'll be dealing with this bugger for a while. I started to bonk a few times while I was weeding, I just got so frustrated at the vine and wanted to get it out that I didn't want to go inside and eat. Maybe I should have drunk more, as it was 35deg and direct sun.

The rest of the time I went riding, and did a wicked ride up on Harper with Keith, Kika, and Evan Guthrie that ended with a swim. The next day I did big 3hr epic with Evan, we had to start at 9 AM as it was so hot that day.

Here is a video of Oly playing fetch www.youtube.com/watch?v=653KT_Kn-Dc

No comments:

Post a Comment