Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hardwood Hills Canada Cup May 31


This was a tough race. It was super flat and not very technical, both of which are my strong points. For race day it was really cold, at 3deg in the morning. I warmed up with my xprezo cycling jacket and then a hoodie on top.


For the race I had a good start in 3rd after a bit, then I slid out on a corner and lost a position, and then a little gap opened up. Hardwood is a hard one to race, as more than anywhere else, every second counts as you really can't close gaps. I rode fairly well for lap 1-3, got caught by Peter Glassford on lap 3-4 and rode with him (which was a good pain train), and then for lap 4-5 I rode with Steff Widmer. Riding with Steff was super fun, as we were railing the singletrack at mach speed (as in 45km/hr) in places, and I was trying to drop Steff or at least not let him pass me, so it was fun to be racing him.


I ended up 7th, and I had rode a good race, it just wasn't my best day or course. Afterwards I indulged in 3 helpings of ice cream, a sausage, a hamburger, a salad, and some pork at a barbecue hosted by Liz Ross and her landlords. It was a pretty fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment