Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bromont World Cup


Bromont World Cup: I had a good race here, not my best of the season but a good one none the less. My knee had been bothering me ever since I crashed on it at Mount Ste Anne, so my training and confidence had both suffered.

Off the gun it was super muddy and there was so much mud flying through the air from everyone's tires that I basically closed my eyes/squinted and rode super hard to get to the climb. I moved well up through the traffic, and had a decent first lap for around 70th place. The race was super muddy, and I consistently moved up a few places each lap. I quite enjoyed riding in the mud, it was super technical, and very hard just to be able to climb many of the features. I finished 45, and was happy with my race. Afterwards I ate watermelon for about 10min, and then hosed off buck naked in front of the first aid building (I had about 1/2 a cm of mud caked everywhere, and there was no way I could get clean otherwise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment