Saturday, September 19, 2009

NB



Catherine, Adam, Sarah and I all piled into Sarah's truck and drove 12hrs from Windham to Fredericton. It was a miserable drive, and my legs were super cramped from the race, and then sitting on a bench seat in the back of the pickup, but, we got there all in one piece.

The 4 of us hung out with my parents for a few days, and ate great veggies from the amazing garden. We went over to Grand Manan, one of my favorite places anywhere, and had a great time hiking the coastal trails there.

After a few days and an oncoming hurricane, we headed back to Fredericton to help flag the race course for "the Hadley Challenge". This was a 26km point to point race that my dad Eric organised on the trails that Adam and I had build while living at home. The race turned out very well, it was raining a bit, but no one got lost or hurt too badly, and everyone had fun. I won and so did Catherine. For awards, friends of ours made ginger bread men as medals, so they were the best tasting medals of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment